Checking the function of the heart and the circulatory system is the core of our cardiology health services. No matter whether you want to have your health or your individual resilience tested in the context of a particular heart disease or as a preventative measure, or whether you are planning to (re)start a regular sports and exercise programme, we offer you a comprehensive range of examinations. Cardiology and sports medicine associations (DGSP – Deutsche Gesellschaft für Sportmedizin und Prävention (German Society for Sports Medicine and Prevention)) as well as the various sports associations recommend regular health check-ups. Depending on your prerequisites, wishes and objectives, we determine the individual focus of the examination content together with you. All the diagnostic facilities of a large heart centre are available to you.
The costs for the individual examination contents of the check-up examinations are billed based on the scale of fees for physicians (GOÄ). Please give us a call!
CONTENTS AND FOCAL POINTS OF THE EXAMINATION
Every examination at our institute includes an initial and final medical consultation.
- Resting ECG: 12-lead recording of the electrocardiogram (ECG) at rest
- Exercise ECG, blood pressure measurement, spiro-ergometry (breathing/blood gas analyses under stress) and lactate determination as the basis for individual training recommendations
- Cardiac ultrasound (echocardiography): Determination of the size, structure and pumping function of the heart, determination of the heart valve function by means of Doppler echocardiography, determination of congenital heart diseases or pathologically acquired changes
- Ultrasound of the carotid arteries: Measurement of the risk of arteriosclerosis (intima media thickness), detection of calcifications or constrictions of the carotid arteries
- Peripheral Doppler pressure measurement: Detection of circulatory disorders / arteriosclerosis of the leg arteries
- Lung function diagnostics (body plethysmography)
- Detection of abnormalities in the respiratory system
- measurement of oxygen transport in the lungs (blood gas analysis)
- therapy control in respiratory diseases
- Laboratory diagnostics: Blood sedimentation and blood count, inflammation values, liver metabolism, kidney function parameters, detailed cholesterol profile, sugar metabolism, iron metabolism, minerals, urine examination. Further blood chemistry parameters can also be checked on request.
SPORTS AND TRAINING
- Closing medical and sports science discussion, including assessment of findings and individual training advice
Creation of individual training plan for 3 x 4 weeks.
"I was in the rehab department. The rehab program was excellent and varied, worked out according to individual performance possibilities."
"Especially the politeness and helpfulness as well as the therapeutic follow-up are to be emphasized. A special relationship of trust was established immediately."
"I have had four weeks of outpatient rehab and feel very fit - I have never been so healthy. A definite clinic recommendation."
"I can't think of anything here in the hospital and rehab that could be improved!"
"The operation was completely successful and I also regained my strength during the rehabilitation. I have taken away the very best impression from the Schüchtermann Klinik."