Cardiology intensive care/ monitoring unit
Our intensive care and monitoring unit has 25 beds. This is where patients are cared for who are transferred from other hospitals, referred by their general practitioners or specialists or admitted via the emergency care system.
A special transmitting and receiving system enables ECGs to be transmitted from the ambulance. This way, our cardiologists are already informed about the condition of the emergency patient before he or she arrives and can make the appropriate preparations.
Focal points of intensive medical treatment
- Shock treatment
- Circulatory support procedures (e.g. intra-aortic balloon pump, Impella system)
- Acute coronary syndrome including acute myocardial infarction Acute and chronic heart failure (cardiac insufficiency)
- Acute and chronic heart failure (cardiac insufficiency)
- Acute, life-threatening arrhythmias
- Inflammatory heart diseases (e.g. endocarditis, perimyocarditis)
"I was very scared of what to expect and I was taken care of in an understanding, very human and always extremely friendly way."
"An outstanding cardiology clinic!"
"I don't see any reason to hesitate to trust this clinic."
"The medical consultation and treatment were excellent, the procedure was without complications, and the process in my case was explained to me in detail afterwards."
„The doctors took the right amount of time to make you feel you’re in good hands. The procedures were carried out very professionally and Prof. Mönnig and his team gave very detailed advise on this.“