Thefield of angiology covers arterial circulatory disorders of all parts of the body outside the heart, such as the arteries of the arms, the pelvic and leg arteries, the renal arteries and the vessels of the neck. The department has various diagnostic procedures available for suspected arterial circulatory disorders.
- Differentiated anamnesis and physical examination
- Arterial Doppler occlusion pressure measurement
- Mechanical oscillography
- CW Doppler sonography
- Colour-coded duplex sonography
- Radiological vascular imaging (angiography)
- Magnetic resonance angiography
FOCUSSED TREATMENT PROCEDURES
- Balloon dilatation (PTA) of highly narrowed brachial arteries (combined with stent implantation if necessary)
- Mechanical reopening of short-stretch occluded pelvic and leg arteries and balloon dilatation (PTA), if necessary in combination with stent implantation
- Balloon dilatation (PTA) of highly narrowed pelvic and leg arteries (combined with stent implantation if necessary)
- Balloon dilatation (PTA) combined with stent implantation for highly narrowed renal arteries to
- improve high blood pressure and kidney function
- Balloon dilatation (PTA) combined with stent implantation for highly narrowed renal arteries to improve high blood pressure and kidney function
In the treatment of arterial circulatory disorders, the emphasis is on catheter procedures to practically all of the vessels of the body by means of balloon dilatation, possibly in combination with the implantation of a vascular support (stent).
"I was very scared of what to expect and I was taken care of in an understanding, very human and always extremely friendly way."
"An outstanding cardiology clinic!"
"I don't see any reason to hesitate to trust this clinic."
"The medical consultation and treatment were excellent, the procedure was without complications, and the process in my case was explained to me in detail afterwards."
„The doctors took the right amount of time to make you feel you’re in good hands. The procedures were carried out very professionally and Prof. Mönnig and his team gave very detailed advise on this.“